IMPORTANT Class of 2019 Graduation Info
The following are the categories of the Honor Cord/Sashes that we honor at the Chippewa Valley High School Commencement Ceremony:
- Academic Honors: NHS, German NHS,
- CTE Honors: BPA, DECA, Educators Rising, HOSA
- Artistic Honors: National Art Honor Society
- Service Hours: Key Club (blue and gold sash)
- Leadership in Activities/Musical Productions/Marching Band/Athletics sash (red or white sash)
***The following organizations will use their uniform and NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED cords in place of the red or white sash: BPA, DECA, NHS, FEA, HOSA, German NHS and NAHS. Key Club will continue to use their blue and gold sash that is provided by Kiwanis International. Any student who is a member of the a nationally recognized club(s) may ALSO receive a sash for meeting the requirements of ANOTHER student club.***
Criteria for Earning a Cord/Sash:
- A student must meet the following minimum standards by February 1st of their SENIOR YEAR to earn a cord:
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- A member in good standing of an approved participating club.
- Student must maintain a clean record of discipline including ZERO suspensions and NO MORE than FIVE detentions during grades 10-12.
***To earn a sash, a student must participate in the club/sport/fine art during grades 10-12 (or all years of eligibility when applicable).***
- IF a student’s status changes and is no longer in good standing AFTER the FEBRUARY 1st cutoff, the advisor must send a rationale to the building administrators for review and administration will make the final decision as to whether a student will receive their honors sash.
- The rationale for the February 1st cutoff date corresponds to the first semester cutoff for
Senior honors (GPA) and allows for timely ordering of the sashes.
- Students who qualify will receive a RED SASH to complement the white gown OR a WHITE SASH to complement the RED GOWN.
- The four possible categories that will be printed on the sashes to identify the appropriate program(s) of each graduate are: ACTIVITIES, ATHLETICS, MARCHING BAND, OR MUSICAL PRODUCTIONS
Questions about Caps & Gowns or Class Rings please contact:
Phone: (800) 567-8367
56760 Mound Rd.
Shelby Township, MI 48316
How to Order Graduation Pictures from Lifetouch
Find your event (click)
Select Event: Graduations
State/ Province : Michigan
Event Date: June 2018
School: Chippewa Valley
Select at the top Chippewa Valley High School Commencement- Commencement
Looking for Proofs: Select Desired Student
Select the proof you would like to purchase ( click order)
Purchase your proof